Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcoming the New Year

The Kemmerer family (my Dad's side) came down from Pennsylvania and Ohio to celebrate 2010 and Will's birthday with us. They were in town for a busy few days. My cousin Samantha is getting married in September, and she asked Kate and I to be the Maid and Matron of Honor. So, we had a fun-filled two days of shopping for bridesmaids dresses. I think we tried on close to 50 dresses, but finally found just what she wanted... and they're super cute, too! We're definitely looking forward to her big day and excited to welcome her fiance Tyler to the family.
Here we are opening even more gifts and surrounded by cousins, Samantha, Ben and Hannah. We took advantage of the time together to play some Kemmerer(turbo)-speed Nertz (card game) and the Wii. I got a new game for the Wii called Just Dance and we all took a turn busting a move. First it was hysterical to watch everyone from behind, while Ben recorded a video of everyone from the front. It was quite amusing. Reminds me of the time our whole family once got together at a tranquil lake house in Tennessee. Apparently some of the older neighbors thought we were too big of a crowd. Their complaint... "People of all shapes and sizes were out there enjoying themselves." We try to live up to that description when we can!
Here's our New Year's spread, being enjoyed by Samantha, Pappy, Kate, and Tyler. And look who found the stairs...
Happy 2010!


3 comments:

SandeeJene said...

I adore your blog Paige...great job...it's been fun catching up on reading it tonight...I work tomorrow, but I give you a call back this weekend!

Amanda said...

Your family is so much fun! Your wii has provided hours of fun, glad you got one! We miss you guys.

Samantha & Tyler said...

Love the Lake quote! Miss you bunches!