Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Orleans- Part I

Just before Easter, Aaron and I had the pleasure of joining up with great friends for a couple's weekend in The Big Easy. None of us had ever been before, so we were excited to say the least...here we are in our matching fleur-de-lis shirts! I went to school with both Shannon and Sandee and we always have so much fun every time we get together. They drove to Columbus, so we could all ride in one vehicle. And of course, Mom, Dad, & Kate made the whole thing possible by coming down to spend the weekend with Will.
All six of us! Jason, Aaron, and Ryan were really good sports the entire weekend. They gladly posed for/took as many pictures as we liked.

We arrived in New Orleans early Friday evening. We stayed at the Avenue Garden Hotel, right next to the Garden District and on the streetcar line. What it lacked in some areas, it made up for in charm.

I was especially excited about the keyring that was attached to our room key. I'm a nerd like that!

After a quick, refreshing Mexican meal (it's all of our favorite genre and we were in a hurry... more New Orleans fare to come later on), we headed over to the French Quarter just in time to make our Haunted History Tour reservations. It was a great way to learn about the history of the city and get our bearings for the rest of our stay.



We ended the evening with a stroll down infamous Bourbon Street. At the end of the street was an amazing Zatarain band, which capped off our first evening quite nicely.

No comments: